Our Trademarks Practitioners have amassed vast experience over the years in a wide range of trademark issues. The firm has a strong Trade Marks unit which comprise Lawyers as well as support staff who bring with them a wealth of knowledge and experience. This unit deals solely with the registration of trademarks and other issues arising therefrom. This group also provides unique services in litigation, in opposition of registration and actions for passing-off. In particular, we provide the following services:
- General Advisory including Preliminary Opinion and Advice.
- Conduct Trademark searches a
- Registration of Trademark
- Renewals and Amendment
- Trade Mark Licensing and Franchising
- Take over and Resuscitation of old files
- Recordal of Changes (names, addresses, mergers)
- Assignments and Acquisitions.
- Litigate adversarial proceedings, including opposition and cancellation proceedings
- Litigate trademark infringement and passing off
- Portfolio Consultancy & Management
- Protection and Enforcement of Rights of IP rights.
- IP Watch Group- Watch Service to ensure that our Clients marks are not infringed
- Business-aware advice on commercial issues, including licensing acquisition and disposal, and intellectual property management
The Firm offers our clientele an investigatory service at the Registry in Abuja should they so require. Due to the evolving nature of the trademarks registry, on occasions files maybe misplaced or applications may become stalled. In these instances, we bank on our goodwill, network and relationship in the Registry in bringing our Clients trademark portfolio up to date.