Ike C. IBEKU
Ike is the managing partner and oversees the three practice divisions. Over the years he has built up a wealth of experience in providing legal advisory services in transactions that have become defining landmarks in the nation’s infrastructural landscape. An avid golfer, Ike is married with children and is as keen on acquiring knowledge as he is on impacting on those around him.
- University of Calabar (LL.B)
- Nigerian Law School (B.L)
- Nigeria Institute of Management (MNIM)
- Certified Pension Institute of Nigeria, (ACIP)
- Project Finance and Financial Analysis Techniques for Infrastructure Projects
- Infrastructure Regulation
- Project Finance
- M & A
- Public Private Partnerships
- Intellectual Property
- Nigerian Bar Association – Section on Business Law
- International Bar Association
- European Communities Trademark Association
- International Trademarks Association
- Advising the World Bank on the Private Sector Participation in an Integrated Transport System in Lagos State
- Advising the World Bank on PPP project prioritization and Institutional Strengthening for Kaduna State
- Advising the Government of Nigeria on PPP under Concession of 33 silos complex Project
- Advising Government of Nigeria under USAID support for Transaction Advisory services for Public Private Partnership (PPP) management of the Lagos and Abuja Premier Medical Warehouses
- Advised the Government of Nigeria through the Nigeria Bulk Electricity Trading Plc on the following:
- Actualisation of RE grid power. This led to the execution of Power Purchase Agreements with 14 developers hailed as the solar front runners. At closing, the projects have the potential of about 1 GW grid addition. Support spanned from drafting and review of Form agreements, negotiation meetings for PPA and PCOA with the teams of the developers and their lenders as well as the ensuing direct agreements.
- Thermal IPPs with capacity of about 2GW-review and negotiations on the relevant transaction documents including power purchase agreements, put call option agreements, applicable direct agreements and related security documents necessary to achieve financial close.
- reviewing agreements related to other areas of the Power Sector Reforms that impact the relevant transactions, such as gas, transmission, distribution, tariff aspects, Market Rules and generally provide legal support services when needed in their relation with developers, the government owned transmission company and the recently privatized distribution companies as well as other relevant stakeholders in the chain
- World Bank guarantee-related agreements (for gas, power generation and power distribution, as applicable), including, inter alia, any guarantee agreement, reimbursement and credit agreement, project agreement and indemnity agreement, and advise NBET in connection with financial documentation and instruments to be entered into with other multilateral development banks and international financial institutions;
- landmark securitisation syndication for energy payment of pool of Distribution companies’ irrevocable guarantees for the benefit of the generation companies.
- Advised Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and Government of Nigeria on Competitive procurement for IPP renewable Energy generation capacity in Nigeria
- Advised the Government on Nigeria through the Niger Delta Power Holding Company Limited on the following:
- Corporate restructuring and private sector participation in its generation assets and investment protection for the gas, transmission and distribution Assets.
- contractual negotiations with the Transmission Company of Nigeria for provision of Ancillary services by its wholly owned power plants to the national Grid
- Advised the Government of Nigeria through the Bureau of Public Enterprises on the transaction advisory services for about $2.6 BN power privatization project that led to the privatization of the landmark PHCN successor companies.